The Evening Muse, Charlotte NC

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts about and photos of performances at The Evening Muse in Charlotte, NC. The Evening Muse is a special place which affords singer/songwriters the opportunity to showcase their talents in a warm and friendly environment. It's a place where undiscovered future "stars" can be seen. www.theeveningmuse.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Friday, January 09, 2009

Sam Thacker Band


I'll say it right up front - This is one damned fine rock band! Four guys - one sound - sweet transitions.

The lead guitarist is Michael Westbrook who in an effortless style coaxes sweet music from his instrument of choice. I'll bet he's Jonesin' bad when he's not playing. Jonathan McAdow keeps time and sets the tempo on the Drums. Mike Reddick is the beat. I was going to say he plays Bass, but it's more accurate to describe him as being the bass. When the song calls for a thump, Mike produces a thump that would raise excitement in a school girl.. (I mean that in a good way you pervs!! lol)

Lastly, I was introduced on this night to a very fine lead singer who has the entire package. A great sounding powerful voice with significant range, excellent timing, and the projection of energy that people look for in today's rock musicians.

I'm telling ya'll - this band is everything you want to hear if you like hard driving rock you can listen to and understand the words. Ballads that will cause you to loose your thoughts in the song. A beat that will have you bobbin', weavin' and tapping your foot. Go out to their Myspace page and listen to what they have posted. I'll also tell you they sound even better in person. Sam's voice is something you need to hear live to truly appreciate. I put their CD in my Rockford Fosgate system and it sounded sweet - but live is, well live...

I've posted some photos of the performance. CLICK HERE. I think you can see the intensity in Sam's singing within the photos - as well as his sincerity in the ballads. "Picture worth a thousand words" is apparent in this case.

An outstanding show!

Cheers,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home