The Evening Muse, Charlotte NC

This blog is dedicated to sharing my thoughts about and photos of performances at The Evening Muse in Charlotte, NC. The Evening Muse is a special place which affords singer/songwriters the opportunity to showcase their talents in a warm and friendly environment. It's a place where undiscovered future "stars" can be seen. www.theeveningmuse.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States

Monty is a freelance photographer and avid music fan located in Charlotte, NC. He has been documenting the world through still photography for over 30 years. Monty's website is meant to both share online images and support the acquisition of prints/merchandise of those images by those whom desire to do so. Monty's travels have brought him to several corners of the world. "The ability to share these travels and my personal interests with friends and family has proven to be both an inspiration and a great source of personal satisfaction for me. Inspiration and satisfaction tend to sum up to balance which is something I treasure greatly."

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Wormsloew


Before sitting down to write this I needed to get something straight in my head. Everywhere I read in recent local writing about this performance in Charlotte, the bands name was spelled Woemsloew. I couldn't figure out what this meant. I did google searches and tried to find out to no avail. Could it be that someone made a typo and everyone in Charlotte copied it?? Well I found the bands Myspace site and the correct spelling became apparent. I verified it by looking at the website of other bookings the band has for the coming month. So with my curiosity sated I return from my digression and share with you a few thoughts and images from the session at the Muse.
Wormsloew performed the late show at The Evening Muse on Thursday night, closing for Sun Domingo. They are a very good rock band out of Savannah Georgia featuring two lead guitars which enables them to do some pretty awesome melding of high fevor lead guitar work resulting in some heart pounding, foot stomping rock-n-roll. The band is made up of drummer Joseph Wilson who also provides some very good backup vocals, Chad Norris on the Bass, Steve Gerard on a loud and proud Lead Guitar and backup vocals, and finally the lead singer Andrew Gill who also plays lead guitar. The four of these guys come together very well producing a sound which reminds me of the good ole days in the 70's when rock-n-roll was truly sweet (or I was younger, whatever).
Images of the Wormsloew show can be found HERE!!
Cheers guys...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home